From its inception in October 1999 the practice has expanded its range of services to meet and satisfy the requirements of a wide range of clients. The service provided can be varied from a single discipline to a fully integrated package.
Core disciplines provided are as follows:
We undertake to successfully manage construction projects from inception to completion ensuring key client objectives/expectations such as Time, Quality, Cost and Maintenance are not only satisfied but exceeded.
As with all our core services the scope and extent of our Project Management appointment can be tailored to suit individual client needs.
Broadly our Project Management service encapsulates the effective management of the entire construction process:
Concept, Design, Tender, Construction, Handover, Operation/Maintenance.
Without proper management the costs of procuring building work can escalate out of control. Through this service we set up and maintain a robust process ensuring that overall costs of a project are successfully managed within an agreed budget. The service provided typically includes the following :
- Budget Costings based on preliminary layout schemes.
- Preparation of Schedule of Works and tender documentation.
- Tender analysis and Contractor selection/evaluation.
- Develop specifications & identify/appoint ‘direct’ suppliers.
- Agree and produce official order/procurement documents.
- Issue official orders to all contractor’s, consultants, etc.
- Report updated project cost at pre-contract stage.
- Value Engineer the design to drive out unnecessary cost.
- Attend site meetings, capture variations and issue updated cost reports.
- Receive copy invoices, verify & forward to client for payment.
- Produce final cost report detailing all known costs for the project.
Through the use of Value Management techniques we aim to secure our clients a final product which offers value for money and satisfies owner/user needs – now and in the future.
Value Management broadly achieves the following :
- It matches the delivered building to owner and user needs, improving performance and quality whilst reducing costs and eliminating waste.
- It focuses on defining the clients needs and priorities (e.g, capital and/or life cycle costs, sustainability, speed) in simple terms, but precisely.
- The whole team works together, under the guidance of an experienced facilitator, to identify, satisfy, and exceed the client’s expectations.
Our overall objective is to obtain the very best value from the purchase of all bought in goods and services required to sustain and develop a client’s business. We believe that ‘Value’ means far more than achieving just the lowest or initial purchase price and must include such considerations as quality, reliability, logistics, operating/administrative costs, maintenance and supply security
To ensure and achieve this ‘Value objective’ we :
- Ensure that all goods purchased are of appropriate quality and suitable for purpose.
- Focus on minimising the total cost of acquisition taking into account factors that contribute to the ‘whole life cost’ of purchase.
- Set up and maintain commercial agreements, which will guarantee supply and delivery when, and where, required by the business.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the total supply chain.
The Building Surveying services we offer/undertake can be tailored to meet a client’s precise requirements and can be divided into the following broad areas :
Maintenance Management & Protection
To safeguard the substantial investment involved in a property we can provide long and short term planned maintenance reports, highlighting major building defects and/or predicted fabric failure, along with possible remedial action and likely costs.
Restoration, Refurbishment and Conservation
We have experience and are able to provide advice and detailed recommendations on the successful refurbishment and alteration of all building types.
Surveys and Appraisals
We can provide a full surveying service, ranging from basic dimensional surveys to full building/condition reports. We also undertake feasibility studies. The style and format of each survey can be tailored to suit the individual client’s needs and requirements.
Building and Property Law
With a wide experience of most aspects of property law we can offer advice regarding Planning and Listed Building Applications etc., and acting on behalf of either the Tenant or Landlord, we can prepare and serve Schedules of Dilapidations & Schedules of Condition.
We are able to offer a comprehensive range of design services from inception through to completion. It is a service which can be tailored to suit individual client’s needs and can encompass any or all of the following :
- Conceptual design sketches
- 3D Visuals and Perspectives, internal and external
- Full design and detailed working drawings – plans, elevations, sections & details
- Specialist design of furniture, e.g. bar and backfittings
- Full interior schemes – colours, finishes, layouts
- Statutory applications – Planning & Building Regulations
- Contract Documentation – schedule of works for tendering process
- Contract Administration – co-ordination of site meetings, agreeing valuations, snagging and defect inspections.
Our design work has been extensive across a range of projects including schemes for Public Houses, Hotels, Restaurants, Coffee Shops, other commercial outlets and Residential properties.